Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I just got 2ft of aluminum. I am going to bring them to my local machine shop to get them lathed to 1.46" -OD instead of 1.5 OD.

I will be able to hopefully get 16 sleeves if my math is right.

24/1.46=16 sleeves

16-4 (sleeves for myself) is 12 sleeves left for 3 more Zuki Cat Bikes. If there are no issues of course.

Now, I have not decided on a price yet because I dont know how much its going to cost to have the machine shop do these for me. Lathe them and cut them to spec. I was figuring 30-40 dollars a set shipped to your door in the USA. Folks in Canada, I would have to inquire with the local Post Office but i can't imagine it costing more then 5 bucks

I hope to get these done by the weekend.

You will need to purchase 4 of 11652-10G30 - Suzuki too.

Payment will be via paypal.

If your interested please send me a PM. First 3 responses

Thanks

Justin

·
Administrator
38,969 Posts
Did you calculate the blade thickness of whatever they use to cut it?
1/8" blade x 8 cuts = 1"

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping that he was going to use the saw thats as thick as a human hair. To get a precise cuts with minimum waste.

Worst case 2 sets, and 2 spares.

You interested Merv? Maybe cheaper. Have to wait to see.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
38,969 Posts
No mine is solid mounted lol thanks anyway

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6061-T6.

Tiggershark, used this material to do his.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
its a sleeve it serves no purpose other then to tighten the new smaller mounts. Any aluminum/steel would have worked it does not partake in the support.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I wish I had these available to me when the dealer replaced my two front mounts.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
i may need another set....so ill let you know justin. Trying to get this complete engine for the right price and if i do ill need a set

·
Administrator
7,932 Posts
I still have one quad to do, but I have all the sleeves and mounts already. Just waiting for the snow to stop falling and the plow comes off and i will tackle the other 07 700. Only mishap last time was the throttle body came out of the boot and i didn't notice it right away.
Started it up and it was like a run away engine! and loud!
Revving to high heavens and scary. Gonna ad that to the list of motor mount proceedures, so it does't happen to other people.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wheres your detailed list.

Iam plowing this weekend with my catvos lift. Hopefully its fine. If not more repairs will be needed.

Do the sleeves go into the motor then you slide the mount in? Anti-seez?

Im waiting to the spring. Waiting now for mygear selector cable.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Yes the sleeves get tapped into the block then the new stiffer rubber mount slides in....You could anti seize them but you wont likely ever get them back out anyway

·
Administrator
7,932 Posts
Pinned section, I'll see if I can locate it.

·
Administrator
7,932 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts