Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 zrt800. I just had the carbs done, new stator, new center piston. I ran great for about 1 hour then it suddenly shut off running at 70mph. I pulled on it and it started immediately, but now it backfires once in a while. When idling, it sounds like it's missing on 1 , but when i remove any of the plugs, they all drop the rpms the same. Under power it feels weak, with a top end at 2/3 throttle of about 60mph. Any suggestions? I hate the thought of dumping more money into it this season but oh I love that acceleration!

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
welcome call
Check that ground wire off your stator connector. My rebuilt stator from RMstator had the ground eyelet break off second day and it caused lots of backfiring.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
just a guess. but i would say one of your carb boots is pinched/folded over. letting extra air in and making the miss. the reason you are bake firing is unburnt gas is in your pipe and exploding when the jug fires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.