Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have noticed a few small drips under my cat of af so since there is no snow I decided to take off the belly pan and do some research on where it is from. I thought maybe a small leak from a hose. Needless to say I went over every hose and nothing. So lastnight I stopped at my buddies and got a pressure ga. for coolant systems and put pressure to it and I discovered there is a leak where the cover bolts onto the case on the water pump bottom side. Stupid me did not think to maybe try tightening the bolts but instead came down to my house and ordered the new O-ring PN#3004-183. Then after reading some other posts on this topic I realize this is common although Im 99% sure mine is leaking at the cover. Im a rookie but I plan on tackling this myself and was wondering if I should replace all the gaskets -o rings or just the cover 0ring? Also when I take the cover off so I need to do anything besides replacing the old one and putting it back on? Oh and first I will check the bolts!! Thanks

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I am guessing it is not your cover. It is more than likely the mechanical seal behind the impellar. Buy the seal. both washers, bolt, and impellar. I have not seen the o-ring go bad before. When you put it back together put a small amount of ultra black sealant where the two case halves meet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike I went and checked OEM pic and correct me if Im wrong on these part #'s . Number 8 washer 3003-432 Number 9 Impellar #3004-184 Number 11 3003-431 Washer Number 12 Seal 3005-909. Hate to be a pain but how hard is it to change this stuff and is there any tips you could give me also, I will be able to do all this without pulling the engine?? I hope

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I am not sure on the triple if you can do it without tipping the engine back or not. Sometimes the cover screws can be a pain to get out. If they are all cap screws the easiest is to loosen them with a vice grip and then use a screwdriver. I think on that set up I would get no. 5 and 7 also on the diagram. I doubt they are bad, but better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok due to working on my buddies asphalt race sled I remember we had a serious issue with getting the impeller off. To be honest Im not sure he ever did so how do you get them off after you remove the bolt and washer?

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
The 800 you can do it all with the motor in the sled. I've heard some say the impeller gets seized on, I haven't had any that bad. Sometimes they round out and spin freely. I don't use any sealant on the case anymore. The o ring should not leak and there's a chance you block the weep hole which would prevent you from catching a problem early like in this case. Don't ask me how I know this one. When a balance shaft goes due to an undetected coolant leak it can take out the crank and cases too.

There's some posts where people have posted all the required parts, also snow800 on here may have them too if you message him.

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
The 800 you can do it all with the motor in the sled. I've heard some say the impeller gets seized on, I haven't had any that bad. Sometimes they round out and spin freely. I don't use any sealant on the case anymore. The o ring should not leak and there's a chance you block the weep hole which would prevent you from catching a problem early like in this case. Don't ask me how I know this one. When a balance shaft goes due to an undetected coolant leak it can take out the crank and cases too.

There's some posts where people have posted all the required parts, also snow800 on here may have them too if you message him.
Yes I have all the parts in stock and can ship them out as soon as tomorrow.
You will get a new impeller, impeller seal washer, a new mechanical seal and a oil shaft seal for $70 shipped to lower 48
pm me if interested.
Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Snow800- Sounds good and I am very thankful for the hook up. Also guys "what if" the impeller is seazed? How in the world do you remove them? Im hoping its not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts