Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedometer key is broken off, and I got the bigger end of the broken off piece out, I just don't know how to get the smaller piece of the key out. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Like ZiRT said the first sign of the bearing heading south is it breaks the speedo key. The bearing develops a little bit of slop and the driveshaft moves around snapping the key. Its best to change it now anyways just for saftey sakes as it can quickly ruin a days run and really do damage if you ignore it and continue to ride. You dont usually hear or feel it until it is to late.

·
Registered
156 Posts
CHANGE THE BEARINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought this sled with the speedo not working. I was on a lake, going 90 mph (friend next to me with a working speedo), then WHAMMY cah BLAMO!!!! clunk clunk clunk snap crunch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the speedo driveshaft bearing disintegrated, lucky I didn't crack the chaincase or break the chain and sprockets, and lucky I wasn't on a trail because I lost my braking ability since the driveshaft fell off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts