Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I reduce some of the float on my zrt secondary? The offset is correct but I have a good 1/2" of float. Does stacking more of the small washers on the bolt take care of it?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
take the bolt out, there will a bunch of small washers and an aluminum spacer in there, your going to want to remove some of the small washers to tighten it up, and put it back.
dan

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Dan's right about the washer adjusting method.

Keep in mind you don't want to have more than .060" movement.

You need some float though, not sure if there's a minimum spec. But be sure to not remove all 'float'.

:chug:

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kev @ Mar 13 2007, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What problem does too much float cause?[/b]
Probably increased belt wear & reduced efficiency if the belt has to run on too much of an angle. Might not be a critical thing, but isn't optimal.

.060" allows for chassis flex and is still within the range to keep the belt 'true' between both clutches.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I realized after I posted that taking a small washer out would move the large retaining washer in. Thanks Dan for confirming that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I usually leave about 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch float but in your situation someone might have left that much for a reason.Better get the proper lineup bar and find out where your engine is at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts