Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just woundering if you can put a 96 zrt 600 motor in an 02 zrt 600 chassis. My motor is getting tired and i like the power of the old motors and i can get a 96 real cheap. Looking for any ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
They share the same cases, so it should just bolt in. You'll need '99 or '00 pipes so I've heard, they're different because of the APV's on the '02. Why not just rebuild yours though? Hp. for Hp. I think they're pretty much the same, the old ones might have just been faster due to weight (a guess, I'm no expert) The APV's should give you more low end grunt.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
agreed. There's a D&D racing floating around here and they did a right up on the '01 and '02 APV 600 tripple. Said they were very impressed with it. Dynoed in for them at 121hp (or something like that) stock, I believe the olders ones were in the 118 range. They also said it had larger ports I believe, responded well to there mods. I believe with their pipe, trail port, and a few other things like air box and maybe head cut (not sure on the last one) it was putting out 141hp or something like that? Hopefully someone else can pull out that article.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was just an idea I was thinking about. I need new apv cables because mine are crappy and been finding out parts are harder to find for the apv motor. As far as hp I thought the older ones were better, I had 96s and 97s and I thought they had more power than my 02. I still might get that 96 yet, I could use some of the parts tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts