[attachment=138997:ZRTfrontstripped.jpg][attachment=138996:ZRTenginebay.jpg]
[attachment=138998:ZRTskid.jpg][attachment=138999:ZRTstripped.jpg]

And some pics from November 5th

[attachment=139000:Nov5thsnow.jpg][attachment=139001:Nov5thsnow2.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Good luck !!!! Looks like its getting there.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mostly cleaning, it was parked for 3 years before I bought it. I did the AGLT mod and right now I am in the middle of riveting the tunnel to reenforce it.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least it was fogged down, the engine cylinders look fine, no flaking or anything so it should be good when I finally start it up

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Too bad you never became familiar with the sled's suspension in stock form... Because if you had ridden it and knew it in stock form first, and then did the AGLT mod, you would be amazed at the difference. Makes it a completely different sled.

The notion triples are too heavy or no good for the trails... That theory is blown out of the water with the AGLT front end on it. That's why I always chuckle whenever folks post triples are no good on the trails.

Weren't you curious about what it was like in stock form? This is the first AWS4 chassis you ever owned, and first thing you did was rip that front end off for the mod!

Looking forward to reading your ride reviews!

:chug:

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True, but I am sure I will be amazed from the difference between the F8 and the AGLT

·
Registered
256 Posts
looks good. i think that is going to be my next project. buying an older sled prob 94-96 zrt and moding it up. thats one thing ive never been good at is doing one thing at a time. i seem to do everything all at once and you never see the gains of what one thing will do or how much difference that one mod makes just the total of them all.

·
Premium Member
4,621 Posts
AG,

With so many testimonials right here regarding performance advantage of the AGLT mod, nobody needs to bother riding stock AWS 4 suspension to know this mods worth. It is a no brainer to do this if you value suspension performance and better handling.

·
Registered
186 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Nov 14 2009, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
AG,

With so many testimonials right here regarding performance advantage of the AGLT mod, nobody needs to bother riding stock AWS 4 suspension to know this mods worth. It is a no brainer to do this if you value suspension performance and better handling.[/b]

True, but it still gives a better review if you had rode it in both forms.

·
Registered
594 Posts
sorry to take your post over a little here Houleigan ,but if I may .I had my zrt for two years before I did the mod .So when it was done some of the impressions I got was : it felt really stable in the front .like when going across a field and then having to turn the front felt more inclined to stay on the groung .in otherwords not a whole lot of inside ski lift .Also anyone who has these sleds knows the bone jarring when you suddenly encouter a two foot mogul well with the extra travel now it sucks it up alot better and the bottom of the bellypan no longer bottoms out onto the top of the mogul.Unlike AG I don't ride standup the whole time but I did do the mod for that too and it's really cool to have that option to stand and ride especially when you get into the junk . I can't wait til I get the next one with the bigger engine .

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Work on front end is pretty much done

[attachment=139636:Reassebl...as_begun.jpg][attachment=139637:Nice_clean_airbox.
jpg]

Now to work on the tunnel and skid

[attachment=139638:Rear_end_work.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Getting closer to being ready

[attachment=141982:Ole__s_Installed_1.jpg][attachment=141983:Ole__s_Installed_2.
jpg][attachment=141984:Ole__s_Installed_3.jpg]
[attachment=141985:Vented_Seat_Pan.jpg][attachment=141986:Vented_Seat_Pan_2.jpg]
[attachment=141987:Vented_Seat_Pan_3.jpg]
[attachment=141988:Vented_S...n_bottom.jpg][attachment=141989:Coated_Can.jpg][at
tachment=141990:Coated_C...nstalled.jpg]
[attachment=141991:Coated_C...talled_2.jpg][attachment=141992:Coated_Pipe1.jpg][
attachment=141993:Coated_Pipe2.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looking good man, I got to learn how to put up pics. I am doing A 95 ZRT 800 for Wifey, just got the mill ready to set in but I cant make it permanent until I replumb the cooling system. I am taking the front exchanger out for track clearance(1 1/4") and installing it between the ZR 2 style cooling rails in the back of the tunnel, I am leaving the rear exchanger alone except for cutting and adding elbows. I know, sounds like A nightmare but she should run cool.

Oh, I am adding A 2-up seat/backrest to haul the daughter and I got to build A wedge because the seat is off A ETT and my sled had A strait tunnel, it gives me room for plumbing so it's all good!

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (speedyone @ Dec 16 2009, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Looking good man, I got to learn how to put up pics. I am doing A 95 ZRT 800 for Wifey, just got the mill ready to set in but I cant make it permanent until I replumb the cooling system. I am taking the front exchanger out for track clearance(1 1/4") and installing it between the ZR 2 style cooling rails in the back of the tunnel, I am leaving the rear exchanger alone except for cutting and adding elbows. I know, sounds like A nightmare but she should run cool.

Oh, I am adding A 2-up seat/backrest to haul the daughter and I got to build A wedge because the seat is off A ETT and my sled had A strait tunnel, it gives me room for plumbing so it's all good!

Keep up the good work![/b]
I believe the older T cats (93) had a tunnel cooler above the tunnel instead of inside the tunnel. Helps keep the tunnel clearance. Throwing in one of those is an idea I've been tinkering with.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am waiting to see what AG's sled will do with the FabCraft cooler, if it runs cool enough it would be easy to remove the front cooler for more track space

1 - 20 of 41 Posts