Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to go for a ride today with one of my friends and when i started my sled up it started in 3 pulls, so then i went to press the gas a lil bit to give it like a high idle for a sec and the throttle was somewhat frozen, then after that free'd up the sled ran at normal idle speed great for bout 10 seconds then it just died, so i started it up again and this time i started to go (hopeing that it would come out of it) but it back fired pretty bad so i looked at the plugs and they were wicked dirty so i went to the local hardware store and got 3 new ones put those in, started again and same thing happened again...

im almost positive that i know the reason why it's doing it and that is because i havent had it serviced lately!!! but i figured thati would see what you guys think might be wrong with my sled

and now that i think of it last night i was riding my sled and i was climbing some hills in about 2 feet of powder and a couple of times i had snow coming up over the cowling and going everywhere so do you think that maybe a bunch of snow got in the airbox and froze up over night and didnt get cleaned out of there?

·
Registered
310 Posts
You said the trottle pull hard like it was frozen, I'd start with that. Maybe you've gotten some snow in the engine compartment from riding in that powder that froze up overnight.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i would thing it was from the powder but water in the gas will make it back fire too, right.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
water may be a problem but i had put dry gas in it then i put about another quarter of a tank in which gave me 3/4 of a tank, but there could of been some water in the old gas that has been in it since last month

and as for the throttle it did free up to normal working after moving it back and forth a lil bit

it sucks to cause i cant take it to a shop right now cause my truck is haveing some work done so i gotta pay for that first seein how that it more important cause i gotta drive about 45 miles round trip every day of the week lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.