Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I have a 01' zrt 800. Can I mount the 1000 jugs and pistons on this engine? If not what would I need to do?
I already have D&D clutches and V force reeds. I would like to make it a 1000.

Thankyou.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
yes and no.....

yes - 1000 jugs will work with a shim under the jugs , the 800 stroke is longer than the 1000 stroke...

no - 1000 pistons wont work cause they are a 22mm pin size and your 800 crank rod pin is a 20mm...
you need 700 wildcat pistons that are 20mm pin size....

BM...

·
Registered
39 Posts
It would be much more practical to get a big bore kit designed specifically for a 800 zrt motor. You could get the cylinders and pistons and pipes as a kit from somebody like D&D or PSI Performance, or Hooper sells big bores. They all are extremely well engineered and make tremendous horsepower. On the other hand it is much cheaper to buy a sled on ebay that somebody has dumped $12,000 dollars into and is trying to get a bid of $4000 out of it. They are usually stacked up like cordwood for sale on there. Kind of like buying a muscle car. Let somebody else pour all the money into it and buy it when they become burned out on it. Good luck.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I agree and disagree with wat MIDMICHIGAN said. I would agree to buying a big bore kit. But the ebay thing, if there was 12k invested and its selling for 4k somethings up :p and I wouldnt trust ebay with past experience. I seldom use it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.