Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the 2 fuel pump set up on my zrt with the single from a newer sled. Does it matter which cyl I hook the pulse line to? Second I just did the water pump, when I refill the coolant do I need to to lift the front or back of sled? And do I run it with the cap off till t-stat opens to burp it like some cars? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Makes not difference which cylinder you hook it to. Just be sure that the rubber connector is not dry rotted on the one not being used. They usually put a rubber cap over the extra one. The newer ones have some kind of a sealed bolt looking thing. I have also seen them with just the one connection also.
As for the anti-freeze, I fill it while idling with as much as it will take with the cap off and the coolant bottle half way full level on my garage floor. Then lift the front end and have someone hold the hood open and fill more (once cooled off). Don't want to over heat it if there is an air bubble in it someplace. You can either burp it with the front end up or just park it on a hill or tilt trailer too. Your call. I usually take it for a rip and check coolant level after stone cold or the next day. Fill to half full on the reservoir.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tcat. My thought was lift the front since it has the rear mounted cooler. For the pump, yeah i will be the one putting on the block off since currently it is using two of them with the dual pump set up. I was thinking either short piece of hose with a bolt or maybe one of those like vacuum line block offs and clamp it if I can find one large enough.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Thanks Tcat. My thought was lift the front since it has the rear mounted cooler. For the pump, yeah i will be the one putting on the block off since currently it is using two of them with the dual pump set up. I was thinking either short piece of hose with a bolt or maybe one of those like vacuum line block offs and clamp it if I can find one large enough.
If you have a small bolt with full threads on it, screw it into a vacuum hose and cut it off then put a zip tie on it. FYI, white zip ties are a standard and the colored black are UV resistant. Used lots of bolts in vacuum line as you mentioned. Works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
TallCool1
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing