Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 zrt 800 tripple that I replaced the ignition coils extended cdi and stater wired via sodoring and butt clamps for wires and the ground bolt snapped and when I went to take the pull start bolt out to ground it it snapped so I used the reed boot bolt to ground the stater ground and the cdi ground and I’m pulling and no spark I’ve been running three wires and retracting can’t get it any help ( I redid everything bc my carb leaked and a fire happed so need help putting back together )

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ground wire should be definitely grounded to the frame, engine is mounted on rubber motor mounts; find a spot that is easily accessible to drill and tap a new hole for the ground wire; remove the paint from the surface and lightly coat with some dialectical grease and install your new eyelet for your ground wire; I personally spray a small amount of paint over the eyelet as a barrier for moisture protection. The sound of a triple is music to my ears!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ground wire should be definitely grounded to the frame, engine is mounted on rubber motor mounts; find a spot that is easily accessible to drill and tap a new hole for the ground wire; remove the paint from the surface and lightly coat with some dialectical grease and install your new eyelet for your ground wire; I personally spray a small amount of paint over the eyelet as a barrier for moisture protection. The sound of a triple is music to my ears!
So the cdi and stator can be grounded to the frame not the engine it don’t matter ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts