Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 zrt 800 tripple that I replaced the ignition coils extended cdi and stater wired via sodoring and butt clamps for wires and the ground bolt snapped and when I went to take the pull start bolt out to ground it it snapped so I used the reed boot bolt to ground the stater ground and the cdi ground and I’m pulling and no spark I’ve been running three wires and retracting can’t get it any help ( I redid everything bc my carb leaked and a fire happed so need help putting back together )

·
Administrator
40,716 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Please take the time to look around the site before posting. This is the atv forum. You need to post in the sled forums

·
Administrator
40,716 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
10,364 Posts
I have a 1997 zrt 800 tripple that I replaced the ignition coils extended cdi and stater wired via sodoring and butt clamps for wires and the ground bolt snapped and when I went to take the pull start bolt out to ground it it snapped so I used the reed boot bolt to ground the stater ground and the cdi ground and I’m pulling and no spark I’ve been running three wires and retracting can’t get it any help ( I redid everything bc my carb leaked and a fire happed so need help putting back together )
Unplug the connector that has 4 wires going into it at the stator. Put a jumper wire between the 2 non yelllow wires on the stator side and see if you have spark. If you do you may have a bad stator. Have you tried ohming the stator to see what the specs are?

·
Registered
10,364 Posts
Did you bypass the safety switches under the handle bar/console area? On the open ignitions you just unplug on that year its a closed ignition and you need to bypass the female to inside male connectors to get spark. This is because the carb switches go out of adjustment and will create a no spark issue. If you have done all the above, including that, then its the CDI box. I am assuming you did ohm the stator,....correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts