Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if anyone knows, i recently rebuilt my zrt 600 and after i put it back together i noticed a hose fitting on the water pump that didnt have a hose on it when i took it appart, now is this just an overflow, or drainage fitting, any feedback would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just went out and looked at mine to see what you were looking at since I've never really paid attention to it. It looks to me like that is either a grease zirk fitting to lube it, or just a drain port for coolant to flow out if the pump fails. Mine doesn't have a hose on it either. If it's for grease, I better grease mine before I ride again next year. Guess we'll both have to wait for somebody with more knowledge to speak up on this lol.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
It sounds like you are describing the water pump drain valve. If you ever need to drain the antifreeze out of the sled you can attach some fuel line onto the end of the valve to save on a mess in the belly pan.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
k cool, thats what i figured because i dont remember taking a hose off of that fitting and it was just bugging me
thank you thank you thank you

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone know how hard it is to turn my zrt from a 121-136 or possibly 144, does it require major surgery or it is basicaly a bolt on application, feed back would be appreciated

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not hard at all. just take your time and make sure to replace the jackshaft bearings. I went to 136 and love it. tracks usa has rail extensions and good deals on tracks or you can try ebay. it rides much better and cheaper than a crossfire. here's a couple pics of mine.

[attachment=63320:vacation...5_23_111.jpg]
[attachment=63321:vacation...5_23_106.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright thats awesome, now most of my riding is done in northern ontario, old logging roads and powerlines, minimal hard pack. would you recomend i change my gearing or would the stock gearing get me by, and with the rail extensions, do i have to change my susp mounting points or will the stock ones work?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I left my gearing stock, but a majority of my riding is on trail. The powder specials gears are the same as the standard for 97.
You can leave the mounting points the same I only dropped the rear.

One question, is that a 96 or 97 if its a 96 i don't think they have extensions for it, but your sled looks like a 97

·
Registered
70 Posts
if its the same as mine the extensions will work. 96-97 was when they put in the ETT. the rails were changed

this is a 96
[attachment=63370:96.JPG]

this is a 97
[attachment=63371:97.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i havnt had a chance to take a look at my skid yet but say it is the old style the 97 skid should bold direct shouldnt it

·
Registered
70 Posts
i believe it should be a perfect fit. just have to check hole locations. A G will probably have the answer.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
The rear skid swap is pinned at the top of the Sled Mods & Tech tips section in the General Snowmobile Discussion section. All the info you need is there for the suspension swap of 97' and newer skid in the 96' and older sleds. I put a 02' skid in my 95' ZRT with this info. Worth the effort.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
awesome cause what im planning on doing is putting a 121-144 extension, and running a 1.25 or 1.5 inch track so im just trying to figure everything out before i start accumulating parts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts