Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. Well i have a problem that i cant figure out was hoping soneone had some insight. So i start up the sled and it runs great. So great that when i turn the key off...it keeps running. Hit the kill switch...it keeps running. So finally after i choke it out. I try starting it with all possible options. (Key on-kill switch down, key off-kill switch off, key on-kill switch on) So bassically. It will only start in normal conditions with the key on and kill switch up. Im so confused why it wont kill. Had someone tell me possibly CDI Box. Checked wiring connectors, all seems fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Bad ground....find the main ground wire unbolt it from the case and clean the surfaces of corrosion/rust. That's what I did for my dads ZRT6 and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'd imagine it's the same as my dads '97 ZRT6. So it should be on bolted to the top of the case to the left of the recoil with a plate/metal tab under it. Should be 2 wires (maybe 3, don't know off the top of my head) bolted to that metal tab. Main thing is to clean up the surfaces of corrosion.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
The ground inside the CDI box can become 'open' too. So if your ground checks out at the stator as the guys have suggested above, it is likely a faulty CDI box.

This isn't uncommon... There's a statement about this in the Cat factory manual trouble shooting section. Member Crofty went through this on his ZRT 600, I suggested swapping out to a newer CDI, he did, and then it would finally shut down using the key or kill.

:chug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts