Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Powder Extreme 600
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TL;DR, half of my "double coil" on my triple is intermittently bad. Can I use the coil off a scrap MXZ 670 while I wait for my new coil to arrive? It has the same connections but I'm not sure of the specs of the coil compared to a Cat coil.

I've been having a heck of a time with this sled. Got it for free so my patience is much higher than it would normally be.
My most recent issue has been a cold/misfiring cylinder. I went through all the troubleshooting motions and landed on a bad ignition coil... but only half of it. My issue is with one output of the twin output coil. I think there must be a bad connection somewhere because it works sometimes. How is this possible? I figured it was all connected but now it seems like there are two coils isolated into the one housing. Another conundrum is the coils seem to be wired in series, so how are the other two working while this one is not?

Also while troubleshooting, I found that I cannot measure the resistance of a spark plug boot. My multimeter shows no continuity when I try to test it. I know there is an internal resistor in there but I get a null value. Can anyone educate me on why that is?

Overall, I've been really enjoying tinkering with this sled. I use this forum daily and its such an awesome resource, so thank you for that!

·
Registered
97 Powder Extreme 600
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I put the coil on and it runs. Unsure if it is a good long term solution but I have a new coil on the way. Likely wont be able to test it because now I have a fueling issue!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.