Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on my 1997 zrt 600 I want more power but I dnt have a ton of money sitting around so I was wondering if anyone new how to get a lot more power for your money would like to make it lift its skis

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
That sled should lift it's skis easily. I would check compression, clean carbs, and check over the clutches

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
If they are cracked that bad I would replace or you risk a lean burn down.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok but will this help it lift its skis? I mean I've seen some realy lift them but I have to realy pull on tht thing to get them to lift for like 1 second

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Replacing carb mount flanges.... no it wont help. I would definatly check the clutches.

Also if you are not getting the power to the snow it wont happen either. What size track do you have on it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's got a great track on it with I think one and a fourth lugs maybe more and it's got a clutch kit in it and it kicks in at 5000 rpm

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I dnt got studs but would like to get some I mean my sled is insanely fast and nvr got stuck evr but I want the thing to lift people say the triple is junk but its got a ton of power I just beat a Polaris 03 700 wasn't even close but atleast the seven hundred could lift

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
What you need is better weight transfer.
On the rear arm of the skid there is a short section [torque arm] and where it connects to the rail there are two holes. move it to the front hole and this will improve traction and transfer which will allow you to pop up whenever you want to by applying some throttle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can do it on any sled, right? We use to ride wheelies on 292 ss colt. But triples w/ pipes are heavy in front end. its never gonna do whellies like f7 or snow pro. plus fasttrack suspension helps keep skis on ground when acelerating. Its designed to keep skis down best possible, i believe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 98 ZRT and I have a hard time keeping the skies on the ground. I run with Vforce Reeds and the sled is piped. It could be that your secondary clutch spring is getting weak alowing the your Drive clutch to pull the belt in too quickly. If this is happening then your starting off in too high of a gear ratio. Also studs would help too. But the way I weigh 260.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She lifts up easy now it's piped stingers 144 studs vforce reeds new clutch kit and after market pistons and heads its skis will look at the sky all day

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I guess I must have been dreaming that my stock motor 96 600 ZRT was able to stand up on end with an 02 ZR CROSS COUNTRY skid. Mine is set up to keep the skis on the ground and it still stands up whenever I want, unless F7s and Sno Pros can do back flips just by pinnin it, then I'd say a ZRT is every bit as capable of doing the same, just keep in mind the power it takes to do it, being heavier up front and a skid designed to keep it from pulling skis up its pretty clear how much power the triples really have.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts