Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any ideas what would cause this, now i think thebelt is to small judging by the tension on the belt. just want to know if anyone has any other ideas.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Can you explain the problem you are having more? Is the belt squelling, or the sled creaping at idle? What belt are you running?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
take a look at your secondary, if the belt is riding up out of it you may need to add a shime as the inner surfaces of the sheaves wear the belt starts getting pushed more out of the secondary and
the belt starts running on the primary shaft. if its sti8ckout out about 1/8 of on inch or so add a .030 shim and try it.

dan

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i dont know, the squeak is just at idle and it is from the primary, i see some rubber on the center shaft, and it seems a bit tight, im not sure of the number but from what my dealer tells me its a stock belt for my 96 zrt

·
Registered
780 Posts
We had this exact same problem on our 1997 ZRT 600. We let it go, and it stress cracked the primary clutch stationary sheave. It could have been avoided by adding either a 0.030 or 0.060 shim to open up the secondary just a tiny bit. This problem will also eat up a belt in no time. Get this fixed quickly, the shims are rather cheap compared to the other parts that will begin to mess up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts