Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice. This year has been hell with my sled that is hardly used. I do my best to keep up with everything on it but this year I have had an injector go bad and after hours of trying to figure out a bogging problem finding out my sending pucks were bad in the EFI system. So now here I am looking at my primary clutch and it looks pretty rough shape. It has worn itself over the years (mostly before I owned) a little off center. And the components of it look like that have seen better days. I am no mechanic nor do I fully understand the clutches on this so I am trying to figure out the easiest most cost effective way of fixing this. Other then this issue the sled runs and rides perfect so id hate to just get rid of.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If the rollers in the spider are shot because the weight bushings and pins are wore out your probably better off finded a good tight used one. Just to rebuid will cost you a $200-$300 and getting the spider off can be a real PITA.

I just went through this with my Father-in-laws 97' Powder Special. Rollers were worn flat on one side because the weights and bushing were wore out. Found a nice tight used clutch for $150. Had it switched out in less than 1/2 hour and we were back up and running.

·
Registered
7 Posts
another way that is cheaper than replacing it with a new cat clutch is to look into a new Powerbloc clutch most aftermarket shops sell them and you order them pre calibrated for your sled I buy and sell sleds and have bought a few of theese clutches and have had no issues. I've even put one on an 800 twin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts