Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, so i raced my buddies rev 800 last night out on the lake idk how far we raced but id say at least 1000 feet, my sled is 100% stock 2002 vr600 cross country edition with the stock track having 144 studs, his sled is an 05 rev 800 adrenaline with a crate motor in it about 3000 miles ago i think (my sled only has 1500 miles) he also has a mbrp can and a 1 3/4 inch track, so we started from a dead stop and it was a dead even start i was counting down and as soon as i touched the throttle i saw his skis lift so i know it was a even start and immediately i took him out of the hole and to about 80 mph i still had him until he pulled up next to me and may have pulled his front end 2 feet infront of mine before we let off at about 100 mph, now i thought these things were supose to be stupid fast, then why did my little zr600 give him a scare and a run for his money top end? also it was perfect snow conditions for racing, so im wonder why did he not walk by me? any ideas? also what are some of your guys suprising results in races you had? thanks

·
5,963 Posts
and the Can. lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i was thinking the track probably had a really big impact on it, but idk it still seemed like it just wasnt living up to my expectations, it is a sweet sled, i just figured it would kill me haha

·
5,963 Posts
Just so you know. 440's Could be 700-800's up to 70 or 80.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the conditions were about 3-4 inches of chopped up hard pack on top of rought snow covered ice, but you could not touch the ice, and yes im well aware that a 440 can take a 800 to those speeds, he also says how much more he feels it pulls alot better than his old sled (modded pro x 600) and i know that was a pretty quick sled, so idk its just odd i find ahha, but i guess these zr600's are nothing to screw around with

1 - 9 of 9 Posts