Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here with a problem I need help with. I have a 00 ZR600 carb that is spitting gas out of the exhaust. Bought the sled last year and it ran great, plugs looked good. This year fired it up and ran it around the yard and parked it. The next day I noticed gas on the ground. I took the carbs off and cleaned the needle and seats and re installed. Then, started it up again and gas is coming out of the exhaust. I don’t have much experience with this stuff, maybe bad needles? Both plugs were wet

· Registered
57 Posts
The carb floats and needle seat are all one piece in these carbs, and are held in with two screws on either side of the seat. There is an o-ring that goes around the seat, and seals it to the carb body. These go bad, and allows gas to flow around the outside of the seat, so even if the needle is sealing, the carb still floods. You can check them by taking the carbs off, take the bowls off, turn the carbs upside down, and blow air into the fuel line with low air pressure. You can dab soapy water around the seat area, and look for bubbles. You may have to hold the floats down to keep the seats seated. If they are leaking, take out the two screws, and carefully pry the float/seat assembly out of the carb, and replace that o-ring. I had to replace these in my carbs a few years ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts