Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so tonite i go to put the sled away and it seems boggy..it has 330 jests in it for 20*-40* temps and its 24* here,it acts like it really rich and the clutches dont seem to engauge till about 6000 rpm when they normally engauge around 5200 rpm,it also wants to die if i dont crack the choke open just a little..the plugs are a little oil fouled but not that bad i dont think.i dont know what would be causeing the clutches to engauge so late and once i do get it going it seems slugish..another thing the speedo hasnt worked since i got it could this have something to do with the hole problem here????but it does start up with one pull but once you try and give it throttle it tryed to die.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Idk if this will work but did u try unplugging your TSS switch? Worked for my zrt 600.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CodyG @ Jan 18 2007, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Idk if this will work but did u try unplugging your TSS switch? Worked for my zrt 600.[/b]
what is this??and what would it do?

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Are you burning 92 octane gas? If you are, 330 main is WAY rich for 24 deg F. 330 is good for -20 F. You should try a 300 if the rest of your jetting is stock...and move needle clip to #4 position and leave it there.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Jan 19 2007, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Are you burning 92 octane gas? If you are, 330 main is WAY rich for 24 deg F. 330 is good for -20 F. You should try a 300 if the rest of your jetting is stock...and move needle clip to #4 position and leave it there.[/b]
87 octane

·
Registered
370 Posts
I would check some simple stuff first. Obviously the sled ran fine before with these jets right? The idling/ running might simply be plugs. I would check to see if you have a broken motor mount or a bad drive shaft bearing. One good sign of a bad driveshaft beariing is the speedo stops working cuz the little key breaks off inside the shaft. One of those things would definately cause the sled to engage higher and then bog like a mother when it tries to move.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The tss switch is a 3 prong plug under your handlebars. When I did this to mine it didnt start, so I opened the hood and follwed them down, there is 3 plugs all togther. I just unplugged the 2 plugs that were stuck together right in the center of the motor almost, mabey ill take a picture later to explain better, hard to explain in words.

·
Registered
780 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CodyG @ Jan 19 2007, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The tss switch is a 3 prong plug under your handlebars. When I did this to mine it didnt start, so I opened the hood and follwed them down, there is 3 plugs all togther. I just unplugged the 2 plugs that were stuck together right in the center of the motor almost, mabey ill take a picture later to explain better, hard to explain in words.[/b]
There is a tech article with a picture on this website right here --> Bogging Problem Thread

1 - 9 of 9 Posts