Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am trying to give my sons sled a little more, The can he has on it now JRP Is too loud for trail riding, I put the stock on for that and the JRP for our land. Is this speedwerx can trail friendly?
Timing key safe ? I always use 91 or better.
How about the clutch kit good trail/Farmland kit?
Any other mods for this sled? Y Pipe?

Thanks

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I didn't buy it as a kit, But I do have the Can and I just installed the 3.5 Timing Key , The Key I do believe gave a noticeable difference in throttle response. I am going to order the Clutch kit for him as a Holiday gift I believe. I am hoping Their clutch kit is decent and is a noticeable difference. I am guessing he may keep this one another season and then Ill get him something a little bigger.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a nice can but honestly it is louder then I was expecting or wanting, Its not much quieter then the JRP that was on it. I do find that these 500 Motors are louder in general then other models.

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
I'm surprised @JOE G , with the "louder" observation.
The Ctec 800 gets dang loud when the valves open. Although, the extra noise isn't all related to the can. The engine layout just feeds the extra noise through the console.
BTW, I looked up the pricing for those stock "resonator" parts. It's a little surprising how spendy they are on the smaller motors.

Reactions: William Stern Jr.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On my SP500 That I had a 720 Kit on I ran a Stock Can on it and I found it to be loud for a stock can, I just find this ZR4000 RR to be a overly loud motor It is not just from the can it almost sounds like it is coming from the, But there are no cracks and appears to be sealed up well. Maybe I didn't explain it well but this sled is just loud lol.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I personally believe that some unwanted noise is coming from the air box, constant droning noise at lower RPM. Could be if the muffler has packing in it, by now it’s full of unburnt oil and fuel; and there’s no way of repacking it like a two stroke muffler.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I ran a 076 or something with my D&D 720 Kit on my 2010 SP 500 which I believe was different from stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts