Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys what up. need some info . i need a new tank on my 1999 zl 600 EFI, can i use a non efi tank if i cut the section out and drop in my pump ? The tank i want to buy is from a 1998 non efi zr 600. the tank is pretty much the same, and the spot for the pump is there its just plastic. ?????????????

·
Registered
136 Posts
Your EFI fuel pump bolts to the tank with 6 machine screws. If you look at both tanks side by side, the EFI tank likely has the 6 mounting holes predrilled and tapped with metal threads to bolt the pump to. The non EFI tank may not have those tapped threaded holes thus requiring you to come up with another way of securely fastening the pump to the tank.

A couple of years ago I replaced the tanks on both my 2000 ZR 600 and 2000 ZL 550 due to the filler necks on both cracking and leaking fuel. Both are carbed but because the ZL has a fuel gauge on the dash, the tank for it had the hole cut out for the sending unit (similar to your fuel pump) and it was tapped with metal threads to mount it, other than that, the tanks were identical.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts