Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 700
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1995 ZR 700 broke the frame in two spots under the belly and the tunnel rivets are coming out near the chaincase. A fella near me is selling a 1996 ZRT 600 cheap with a blown motor, rest of the sled is mint and has a new studded track as well. Question is, can I take my newly rebuilt ZR 700 twin and swap it into the ZRT?

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Just about anything should be possible, though it may take a bunch of fabrication. I don't know if the chassis used by the ZRT was shared with sleds with two cylinder engines. The trick will be engine mounts that will get the crank shaft in the right place. Probably not a simple drop in, but maybe some knows for sure. It may be easier to repair your old chassis.

·
Registered
42 Posts
the three cylinder mounts on top or just beside the frame on both sides. you may end up making a mounting plate to retrofit it but the zrts are known to break or crack the frames also so you may loose out going that route also. i would do what 94zr580 said or find a good chassis. I have welded and plated them before then i use 1/4 in bolts with lock nuts rather than rivet them.

·
Registered
2011 700
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the three cylinder mounts on top or just beside the frame on both sides. you may end up making a mounting plate to retrofit it but the zrts are known to break or crack the frames also so you may loose out going that route also. i would do what 94zr580 said or find a good chassis. I have welded and plated them before then i use 1/4 in bolts with lock nuts rather than rivet them.
I like the bolt and lock but idea, thanks! On another site a fella said AC made a reinforcement kit at one time. He wasn’t sure if it was discontinued or not. I’ll check with my dealer.
I think I will be taking it to a fabrication/welding shop for repairs and reinforcement. Maybe they could replace the loose rivets with bolts and tack weld the nuts on so they’ll never vibrate loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.