Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put back on my speedwerx pipe and put my stock can back on and took apart one exhaust valve. Now when I first start it up it idles at super low rpms, and if i touch the throttle it dies, after a minutes it idles up and runs normal, then if I kill it and start it again it doesnt do it. Any ideas on what is causing this? It almost seems like its running on one cylinder. No snow to drive around so who knows how it will really run. Any help appreciated on what the deal is. bang your head

·
Registered
166 Posts
My zr used to do that it would be hard as h#$$ to start but once it was hot it was fine. my dad's friend a sled mechanic though that it might be the coil so he replaced the coil and told me it was only running on 1 cylinder ansd thats why it was running weird and once we replaced the coil it ran perfect no problems since.

just a guess

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (speed_freek @ Jan 3 2007, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So I put back on my speedwerx pipe and put my stock can back on and took apart one exhaust valve. Now when I first start it up it idles at super low rpms, and if i touch the throttle it dies, after a minutes it idles up and runs normal, then if I kill it and start it again it doesnt do it. Any ideas on what is causing this? It almost seems like its running on one cylinder. No snow to drive around so who knows how it will really run. Any help appreciated on what the deal is. bang your head[/b]
Assuming it ran fine immediately beforehand;

Did you re-jet for the Speedwerx pipe (mains, needles, fuel & air screws)? If so, did you re-tighten the carb boot clamps?
Did you re-install the APV correctly? (dimple side down)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its an EFI, but I have had the pipe on there before, I just took it off last year because it runs like **** with the pipe and the can, so now i have the stock can on. I didnt actually get the exhaust valve off, i took the cover off and realized I didnt have time to deal with it, so I put it back on. I had to push a little for the cover to stay down when I went to rebolt it back down, is there normally tension when reassembling? I dunno I dunno

1 - 4 of 4 Posts