Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2000 zr 600 batteryless efi my problem is if i throttle up nice and slow sled goes fine but if i just hammer the throttle it dies unless i let throttle go. also sled wont seem to break 7000 rpm. runs fine at idle and while going. just the throttle issue. to me seams like it needs fuel but not sure. sled seems fine when its cold. this all happens after 20minutes of riding. wondering if its stator. did plugs and tested throttle switch and plug caps replaced. also new fuel lines and filter. . please help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2000 zr 600 batteryless efi my problem is if i throttle up nice and slow sled goes fine but if i just hammer the throttle it dies unless i let throttle go. also sled wont seem to break 7000 rpm. runs fine at idle and while going. just the throttle issue. to me seams like it needs fuel but not sure. sled seems fine when its cold. this all happens after 20minutes of riding. wondering if its stator. did plugs and tested throttle switch and plug caps replaced. also new fuel lines and filter. . please help!
I feel your pain my 97 zr 440 is doing the same thing I checked everthing working on stator now...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me no how u make out.. im gonna have to dig into stator to.. nvr tested one but information is available.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
are u throwing any codes on the ecu get it to act up then stop and leave it running and see if the computer is throwing a code

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
The 2000 and newer stators don't go bad too often....check for codes, check spark when both cold and warm, check compression ect...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
my sled did all sorts of goofy stuff after it was warm it ended up being a bad tps it never threw any codes i was
pullin my hair out till i ohmed it. but it ran great cold but warm it would stall and spit and sputter cause the tps was messed up not giving it gas or it was flooding it at idle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts