Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the retainer and spring keep coming out of place on my 900, this is twice on 700 miles. what the hell? anyone else have this problem? i had it once on my 800, but now twice in a week.

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
If I am not mistaken

I believe Thunderstruck had this happen to his 05 ZR900

Am I dreaming Dave I dunno or do I have a good memory :p

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
You either don't have enough preload on your spring or the adjuster is spinning loose as you ride. I've never seen one spin loose if it's got enough spring preload on it though. I'm sure it's happened, I've just never encountered it myself or with anyone I've ridden with.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same issues last winter with my 03 900.I had to turn the adjustment nut as far as it would go to keep the spring in place.Rear springs were also an issue.On top of all the other issues I sold it with 2000 miles on it.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BIGTWIN900 @ Jan 28 2007, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i dont have a snopro, my spring are 3/4 the way tight. and it keeps falling out.[/b]

Order the sno pro springs and all will be well. If you wanna increase handling / reduce body roll in the corners opt for either the medium or large sway bar instead of increasing spring rate beyond what the sno pro ones are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts