Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if there is anything to look out for on them. any reviews on the sled would be appreciated.
-thanks, zrt maniac.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Like MUSKOKA800 stated you will want to shim the APV's regardless if it's new or used. Also the 2003's (non-diamonddrive) seem to be the fastest year right out of the box and the 2006's also sound to be very strong as they are supposed to have the ecu remaped and the primary and secondary clutches are different diameters resulting in less belt slip which was the only drawback to the 04's and 05's. 05's were a little better than the 04's because of heavier weights in the primary. You'll also want to add a torque link to reduce belt slip problems due to the massive torque these big twins put out. By the way the 04's and the 05's can be updated with the 06 clutching if you so desire. I have an 05 efi snopro and have added an SLP torque link and ODS clutch kit only resulting in much improved performance. If you like to bang ditches I would definatley get the snopro. Fuel mileage is better than my 600 efi due to the motor turning less RPM, big motors make all their power at lower RPM's. Handling in the trails is unmatched by anything I've ridden. You'll love the 900's

·
Registered
274 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZRFAN @ Jan 26 2007, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Like MUSKOKA800 stated you will want to shim the APV's regardless if it's new or used. Also the 2003's (non-diamonddrive) seem to be the fastest year right out of the box and the 2006's also sound to be very strong as they are supposed to have the ecu remaped and the primary and secondary clutches are different diameters resulting in less belt slip which was the only drawback to the 04's and 05's. 05's were a little better than the 04's because of heavier weights in the primary. You'll also want to add a torque link to reduce belt slip problems due to the massive torque these big twins put out. By the way the 04's and the 05's can be updated with the 06 clutching if you so desire. I have an 05 efi snopro and have added an SLP torque link and ODS clutch kit only resulting in much improved performance. If you like to bang ditches I would definatley get the snopro. Fuel mileage is better than my 600 efi due to the motor turning less RPM, big motors make all their power at lower RPM's. Handling in the trails is unmatched by anything I've ridden. You'll love the 900's[/b]

Here! Here!

·
Registered
492 Posts
yep....900's rule....even tho a F7 with a new 1000 motor in it would be a sweet ride to....you just cant beat the zr, the new F series is a return to zr'ish chasis......

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yuh, well im gonna have a full time job this summer. so im gonna try to maybe get like an 06 left over or something. idk well see. I was figurin tho that the zr 900 might be a little better than the f7 cuz the zr chassis is proven performer, from you guys say they seem pretty good any year. How do they compare to the f7 if you line them up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts