Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my ZR 9000 with turbo, my buddy said if I turn it up to 4 on the turbo I'll more than likely blow the engine sooner,
any truth to that?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and understand, but still wondering what the life expectancy is and what others have experienced with this model?

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
wrong section post in the Procross section for this

Reactions: Say no more

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure where that section is, as I'm a newbe, and and even if I wasn't not sure I would be posting in the right place. But I guess that's why I like riding Cats braaap, braaaap... Get some, "OTG" On The GasTM!!! Sorry just wanting some snow.

·
Super Moderator
8,776 Posts
I did move the thread now.
Honestly, I hadn't moved it earlier because the question is a sort of age old question. It applies to pretty much everything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know guess will have to wait and see. Really trying to enjoy the fall but all I can think about is snow, colder temperatures and getting on the gas

·
Registered
41 Posts
Stock 2017 & newer ZR9000 Turbo has 24/50 gearing. At recommended max engine RPM (8750-8800) the Cat gearing chart shows the sled will go 113.
If left stock, the Yamaha-designed and manufactured engine (998 cc 3-cylinder w turbo) are bullet-proof. In the 5 years this engine has been out, there have been very very few reports of engine failures.
Once a tune is installed, of course there is going to be more problems due to higher output and higher stress on internal parts. But even with a tune, they are very reliable. Big tip - NEVER NEVER turn the engine backwards!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts