Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought this sled an guy never told me it had a d&d 1010kit in it lol!! I came across another add an it said it was bored to 1010 an was port an polish an all that other crap. Idk y he wouldn't tell me? I thought somethn was up when the cylinders were silver an not black. It's got 800 heads on it but the cylinders say 783ml. Is it reliable? I'm wanting to trail ride an occasional drag but not full out drag race 24/7. It's got vforce 3 reeds, d&d ceramic coated twin pipes,custom k&n intake with stock airbox. An came with an extra set of bored out flatslide carbs. Sounds like it was straight drag sled should I sell it or what u guys think?I dunno

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
As long as the sled is not running lean a 1010 is awesome. Know someone that put over 4500 miles on the 1010 kit before doing the top end again. Not the best on gas around 8 -10 mpg but that is good enough with the 12 gal tank he never gets stranded on the trail. Also runs a 136, 1.25 ripsaw on it. He runs tempaflow's in it to keep it running good. These may cost some but is likely why the sled is very reliable.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
All depends on what is done to the motor...if he didn't tell you about that he probably didn't tell you about a lot of other stuff.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All depends on what is done to the motor...if he didn't tell you about that he probably didn't tell you about a lot of other stuff.
That's what scares me lol

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
well
you need to remove the head and check bore size
i tried running our race 1010 on the trail and had nothing but problems
seems in the end we had a high altitude cdi
it was 153 lbs on compression tester
i ran 110 octane but stilled leaned out cruzing with 540n and 560n jets and twin pipes
changed needles and raised clips
got holtzman compensator
if you run it on the trail get egts
i should have
nothing like doing 65mph
craking the throttle and picking the skis up till 110 mph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts