Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a question.... i have a 02 zr 800(carb) it started actin bad first year i never payed attention to it thought might just been lil water in tank i be driven along and it sputter i thought might been a ignition coil so i bought new one put it on still doing same this but gettin worst i just took it for little cruise otheer day and just when i got home lost all almopst all power but i let it set for like 20 mins it seem to have poweer again but never took it n e where n e one no what could be?? thinkin stator coill or scuff piston gonna go get it looked at wensday

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
hey i have a question.... i have a 02 zr 800(carb) it started actin bad first year i never payed attention to it thought might just been lil water in tank i be driven along and it sputter i thought might been a ignition coil so i bought new one put it on still doing same this but gettin worst i just took it for little cruise otheer day and just when i got home lost all almopst all power but i let it set for like 20 mins it seem to have poweer again but never took it n e where n e one no what could be?? thinkin stator coill or scuff piston gonna go get it looked at wensday
You can Text the "Cat Masters" here on this website..look to the left on the "HOMEPAGE".. great bunch of guy's with KNOWLEDGE..

I'm thinking it could be your stator also...one coil is weak...and guessing it's the one too the ignition coil. depending how much time you want to spend looking, or cost buying different smaller item's I would IM or call "StatorKev" he re-builds stator's... had same issue with the 03'F7...then one day she just wouldn't go...and that was the problem. if it's not in bad shape he gives you a core discount sometimes.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
our 01 is doing the same thing
i am gonna change stator
it would idle beter when we pulled up on the wires going to the stator

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Those 800's aren't known for going through stators, especially the carb sleds. They have a fairly heavy coil for power and it powers both the APV and ignition. If you think it's an ignition related problem, anything in the APV circuit can also be suspect. Unfortunately with that type of symptom it could be almost anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts