Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 zr 800 efi that floods out while shut off. The cylinders fill up with gas. The guy before me put a fuel shut off to help prevent it but I want to fix it. The sled runs perfect no bogs or anything. Its just a flooding issue. Any suggestions would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Sounds like injectors are leaking while there's still pressure in the fuel rail. I'm not sure how a fuel shutoff would cure that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I know is it floods out when I dont turn the fuel shut off, off and starts perfect when its shut off before im done riding. Its a 2001 zr800 EFI

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Leaving sled run after shutting fuel off will decrease pressure in fuel rail. No pressure in the rail so injectors won’t leak.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I know that. Would I have to get new injectors to stop the problem?

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
You can get them tested and professionally cleaned. Cat wants 345.00 usd for each one so go from there for cleaning price. There are you tube videos of home cleaning methods too. Personally I have run seafoam in my EFI sleds and never had an injector issue. Even in my old 93 Pantera when I had it for 18 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay my mistake. So what do I have to do just clean out the carbs? And hope it fixes it if not rebuid them?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
You will have to remove the airbox and undo the clamps holding the carbs to the intake boots. Flip them upside down and remove the bowls. You will see the floats attached to the needle. The needle is the part that is likely worn out.

You also need new intake boots while you're in there.

For a proper job you should remove the carbs, disassemble fully and clean, replacing worn parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I pulled it all apart and once I tipped the carburetor all the gas pored out the left side but not the right. Then I opened it up and all the gas is out of the left side and all the gas is still in the right side. Would that mean that the left side is the one thats not working properly?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Doesn't mean anything. The gas is flowing out a vent or similar exterior orifice. Pull the bowls off and look at the float needles.

·
Registered
77 Posts
if these are the plastic float housing type I believe there's an o ring under the float body. I couldn't give you any good ideas on pulling them without breaking. they're kinda pricey too. but I'd double check that it won't leak after installing floats. I think the floats should hold 2-5 psi with only the weight of the float itself. id spray with soap water to help find any leaks. there's nothing worse than everything being put together and it still leaks.

·
Registered
9,052 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everything looked good I did not pressure check it but I talked to the guy I bought it off of and he said he rebuilt it last year. Everything looked new. He said he did not rebuild the fuel pump though. Could that be the problem?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts