Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently picked up a 94 ZR 700 for basically free and I am in the middle of going through the whole thing... Rebuild and AGLT mod etc.. maybe too much buck for my bang, but always wanted to get all the way into one for the experience and to have something that was by my own hands. ANYWAY. I just got some new OEM cylinders and they look gorgeous, but the countersunk bolts for the carb flange and pipes on the other side are not put in and weren't even supplied. I might be able to get them out of the old jugs but am worried that I'll probably mess up the threads. Has anyone had any experience with this as to what would be the easiest way to counter sink them? Also, would it be a bad idea to just put in a 12mm bolt the regular way? Any insights are greatly appreciated, and so is all the advice I've stolen from other threads on this site. Thanks

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
There not counter sunk bolts there studs that are threaded on each end. They make a tool to remove them called a stud remover. What you can do is double nut the and tighten them together so it acts like a jam nut. Then you put a wrench on the bottom one and turn it out. You might have to heat the old cylinder up where the bolt goes into the aluminum if I remember right there lock tighted in there. Heat the cyclinder up not the stud where it goes in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.