Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i put a brand new stator in my sled thinking that was the problem. it didnt fix it so now im wondering if its my reeds are junk. Start the sled and will idle all day long go to take off and it bogs till it gets warm then it backfires like crazy i wanna say it runs good in the high R's. So question is it my reeds or something else

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Bad reeds generally make the engine hard to start

Is this sled in ETI or carb if it's an EFI have you check to see if the LED is blinking any codes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
sounds like the throttle safety switch. TSS. Your throttle cable is out of adjustment. To much slack. That would be my start if the stator is new. Blaine on here shows you how to Ohm your stator out make sure. Make sure you plugs are good and your ground. I would think its your throttle switch. Theres a bypass plug in the tool kit that has 3 prongs on it. Thats a bypass plug, plug that in on the plug on your handle bar neck. See if that fixes your issue. If you dont have that I think its the middle wire if I remember correctly put some electrcial tape or shrink wrap over the male plug so it dont connect and plug it back in. See that changes anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts