Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Zr 600 carb and was trying to find out the specifications on it and also wanted to know how accurate the fuel gauge is that is mounted on the tank.

·
5,963 Posts
what specs do you want to know? also the Gage on the Take is Pretty accurate. (no Digital one). Only reason it wouldn't be right would be because of it sticking

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the only reason I am asking about fuel gauge is that I can go like 60 miles or so and its on 1/4 of a tank and then I go and fuel up and it only takes 5.5 gallons but I was told my 2002 zr600 has a 12 gallon tank so that would tell me it dont read right?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I figuer I can get 100miles to a tank then and get about 13 to 14 miles per gallon. I also guess my fuel gauge must be broken because when my tank gauge says its empty I can put 7 somthing gallons in it to so it being a 12 gallon tank tells me I have 5 extra gallons left still.

·
Super Moderator
8,443 Posts
Yea I figuer I can get 100miles to a tank then and get about 13 to 14 miles per gallon. I also guess my fuel gauge must be broken because when my tank gauge says its empty I can put 7 somthing gallons in it to so it being a 12 gallon tank tells me I have 5 extra gallons left still.

I would be amazed if you can get 13 to 14 with a zr600. Best I ever saw with mine was 11.5 taking it easy. I even jetted the carbs down. When the gauge says E you have about 4.5 gallons left in the tank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts