Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ah am new here, don't know if this is the right place to post, but am looking at buying a 1998 zr 600 tomorrow.

it has under 3000 miles on it.
hood as two little cracks plus the normal tear in the seat.
the shocks will need to be recharged and the guy is asking 1400 for it. do you guys think its a good price. every thing else is in good shape. thanks

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Just gonna tell you one thing, make sure it drives and runs decent or you could be looking at an expensive repair bill!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it started right up today. three pulls. sounded very healthy, just like my dads 99 zr 600. i cant really drive it but its my buddy's dads sled and he wouldn't sell me something that is junk.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
hmm well mine always started in two pulls but the guy never let me drive it so I didn't know the clutch was going out of it plus for some reason the engine was going out so not sure what to tell you man. Probably go for it abd that seems pretty fair for a price in my opinion. I am not sure how much they have depreciated since last year so couldn't tell you how much they are actually worth.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats what my dad was saying about the clutch. i visualy inspected it and it didn't have much wear at all so i think am gonna pick it up.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Okay just warning you on that... it isn't cheap to replace those parts after it goes bad. But hope you have fun with her and post some pictures when you get it!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What part of Minnesota are you from? I'm from northern Iowa and hoping for snow badly! Sled all ready to go just needs gas added!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yeah I know where that at! :) See if we can get some snow going here cause my sled is getting too anxious to wait!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
am getting excited and i don't even have a sled yet. i just hope i will have the shocks done before the snow gets here.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
well trust me it will be worth every penny you pay for it! that 2-stroke smoke smells soooooo good! Anyways hope you have good luck with her!

·
Registered
378 Posts
i had bought a 98 zr 600 efi with 3000 miles on it for 1400 3 years ago, and it was a clean sled, no cracks, rips or tears, and a new 1 inch track. They are pretty fast sleds for that year. I would see if he would budge on the price a bit. Also some sleds that year had bad stators, which can be a couple hundred bucks. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts