Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have searched around a few forums and have noticed that in general, millennium edition ZR 600's sell for a few hundred $$ more than a standard 2000 ZR. However, when the new owners post about their recent purchase, they are almost always met with comments suggesting they overpaid.

The reason being, I currently own ZR 600 2k #275 and have a friend who is bugging me to sell it. I bought it new in 1999 and it only has 466 miles on it. It is all stock (track was never even studded) except for twin pipes, v force reeds, and rox sled treads.

I would like to be fair to both of us, so is it proper to go by book value for a 1999 ZR, a 2000 ZR, or add some sort of premium?

Thank you

· Registered
4,401 Posts
Hello all,

I have searched around a few forums and have noticed that in general, millennium edition ZR 600's sell for a few hundred $$ more than a standard 2000 ZR. However, when the new owners post about their recent purchase, they are almost always met with comments suggesting they overpaid.

The reason being, I currently own ZR 600 2k #275 and have a friend who is bugging me to sell it. I bought it new in 1999 and it only has 466 miles on it. It is all stock (track was never even studded) except for twin pipes, v force reeds, and rox sled treads.

I would like to be fair to both of us, so is it proper to go by book value for a 1999 ZR, a 2000 ZR, or add some sort of premium?

Thank you
So, in reference to the highlighted part above, do YOU want to sell it.

If no tell your friend that its not for sale.

If you do want to sell it, then what is the sled worth to you? If he won't pay what the sled is worth to you then don't sell it to him. It matters more what it is worth to you than what it is worth on the open market.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, you guys respond fast!! Thank you all for the advice, I really do appreciate it. My intention was to always keep it since it possesses a certain sentimental value to me. It is good to know that I am not crazy for wanting to keep it even though I barely have time to ride anymore. 109jb you make an excellent point, I will have a talk with my friend and if we can not agree, then there are plenty of other machines out there for him.

· Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Plus if you sold it you'd have nothing to drool over =)

· Registered
1,083 Posts
I'd keep it or sell it to someone you don't know. If you sell it to your friend, for a premium price, and he has an issue with it, you will never hear the end of it. Sure it's low miles and probably in great shape, but it's 16 years old and stuff can go wrong.

· Registered
470 Posts
Trust me you don't want to sell that sled and then have to watch your friend treat it as its his.

A few years ago I sold my 07 Mustang GT/CS to a kid that swore he would take care of it. I seen him less than 6 months later and the mint low mileage car was trashed. Made me sick to see it.

Scott

· Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Gellners Arctic Cat in Portersville has a brand new never run with ZERO miles on it on the shelf. He always said that he thought it would be a collector sled one day. I think he's right now. He also has a 2001 Thundercat his dad used to ride on a shelf too. Another collector sled for sure.

· Registered
57 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. My brother-in-law told me about it, after I bought mine. There was also one being parted out east of Williamsport, PA last year. It caught fire on the first start of the season, and the hood was torched, but most everything else was good on it. Owner was asking $500 for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts