Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed they are marked differently - does it matter which side they go on for anything other than the left side seeming to blow first?

·
Registered
659 Posts
according to them they are the same, I have always marked my cylinders and heads to put them back in the same location...but thats just me.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crashmaster @ Nov 12 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I noticed they are marked differently - does it matter which side they go on for anything other than the left side seeming to blow first?[/b]
One part number for both, so they are the same. Do you know why you lost that piston? Was it fuel related, or was there an air leak? Check the intake flange for cracks under the clamp ring and the PTO end crank seal can be more susceptible to damage resulting in an air leak. Is it carb, or EFI?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (94ZR580 @ Nov 13 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crashmaster @ Nov 12 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed they are marked differently - does it matter which side they go on for anything other than the left side seeming to blow first?[/b]
One part number for both, so they are the same. Do you know why you lost that piston? Was it fuel related, or was there an air leak? Check the intake flange for cracks under the clamp ring and the PTO end crank seal can be more susceptible to damage resulting in an air leak. Is it carb, or EFI?
[/b][/quote]

I didnt blow one but seems the blown 580s I see are usually the same side. I did notice different stampings on a pair of cylinders though, I think it was E1 and E2?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crashmaster @ Nov 13 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (94ZR580 @ Nov 13 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crashmaster @ Nov 12 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

I didnt blow one but seems the blown 580s I see are usually the same side. I did notice different stampings on a pair of cylinders though, I think it was E1 and E2?
[/b][/quote]

The E1 and E2 are probably numbers from the casting forms. They are probably cast two at a time and each tool, or form, has it's own number. That would be my guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts