Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i blew up my efi zr 580 motor , then i bought a good used carb engine that has tm 40mm round carbs but i dont know what to put in the carbs for jetting becouse cat changed them from year to year,, take a look at this what specs to use
zr 94,..................zr95 ......... .........96 zr
AA-4 nozzle......... AA-0 nozzle.........Z-8 nozzle
3.5 slide..............3.0 slide...............3.0 slide
40 pilot...............45 pilot.................45 pilot
7dj5-3.................7dh5-2.................7dh5-2
any help would make me a happyer person,, i dont want to burn this one down, and its snowing out side i want to ride this weekend.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (c gooden @ Nov 11 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well i blew up my efi zr 580 motor , then i bought a good used carb engine that has tm 40mm round carbs but i dont know what to put in the carbs for jetting becouse cat changed them from year to year,, take a look at this what specs to use
zr 94,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,zr95,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 96 zr
AA-4 nozzle,,, AA-0 nozzle,,,,, Z-8 nozzle
3.5 slide ,,,,,,,,3.0 slide ,,,,,,,,,3.0 slide
40 pilot ,,,,,,,,,45 pilot ,,,,,,,,,,,45 pilot
7dj5-3 ,,,,,,,,,,7dh5-2 ,,,,,,,,,,,,7dh5-2
any help would make me a happyer person,, i dont want to burn this one down, and its snowing out side i want to ride this weekend.[/b]

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Why not run the EFI? it will be simpler to rebuild the original engine, or convert the carb one to use your existing EFI system. If you do change to carbs get a Tempa-FLow if you don't want to change jetting as the temperature changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts