Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is correct place for "15" ZR5000 LXR question. Changed oil yesterday. Emptied bottom pan oil, reservoir oil (mostly on my garage floor) and changed filter. Replaced filter and drain plug O rings. Added 3 qt. oil, started and ran engine 5-10 minutes. Added last quart of AC oil. Glass indicator shows oil 1/3 up from the bottom. I don't plan to add more. Is it written anywhere in the universe what the oil capacity is of this 1100 Suzuki engine? On an unrelated note, will AC place a service door under the oil reservoir plug? Apparently engineers don't change oil on these sleds. Finally, when pulling the hood I broke the tang on the two electrical connectors. My hands are too big for small places like that. When I put the hood back on I pushed the two connectors together and they seem to hold of their own accord. Should I be concerned they will come apart? My hands are too big for a zip tie but a I could put some tape on both parts. Season over here. We all hope for more seasonal weather next year.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I bought a used 2014 ZR 5000 that had been serviced by the dealer. Looks to me like they used a step bit to open a hole in the plastic below the reservoir drain plug to facilitate draining. I'll find out if it works in a couple weeks after my wife puts a couple thousand more miles on it!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
some one makes a hose kit for tank draining both guys i know have the kit. should be happy till next winter cheak/charge your batt or take it out of ya have it in a hot black trailer yes we need snow like 14 here in mich to help out our dealers get some folks to buy more sleds

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
They hold 4 qts of oil. I drilled a hole under the tank to help that issue, now I only get half of it on the floor. I used to put in a plastic plug in the hole after I was done, but it fell out a couple of seasons ago, and never had any issues, so I never bothered putting another in. Also notice how the service hole under the engine isn't lined up well enough to drain the oil without getting all over the belly pan? Gotta love it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
They hold 4 qts of oil. I drilled a hole under the tank to help that issue, now I only get half of it on the floor. I used to put in a plastic plug in the hole after I was done, but it fell out a couple of seasons ago, and never had any issues, so I never bothered putting another in. Also notice how the service hole under the engine isn't lined up well enough to drain the oil without getting all over the belly pan? Gotta love it.
I haven't changed the oil on my ZR yet to see if the engine oil hole lies up, but the hole on one of my TZ1's was WAY off. I took a burr bit to it on a die grinder and fixed that!

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
They hold 4 qts of oil. I drilled a hole under the tank to help that issue, now I only get half of it on the floor. .
I haven't changed the oil on my ZR yet to see if the engine oil hole lies up, but the hole on one of my TZ1's was WAY off. I took a burr bit to it on a die grinder and fixed that!
Guy I ride with has a 12, 9000 and he bought a dipstick marine pump. He sucks the oil out of the tank. Not a drop on the floor. Baydog my T660's oil plug didn't line up either with the bellypan hole, I did the same thing and just left the plug out. Nothing got in there.

·
Registered
943 Posts
the only thing worst than the oil change is the chaincase.
Rather than put a filler cap/plug its somehow easier to removed the entire reverse gear motor and assembly?

get a service manual before you try that...the owners manual leaves out about 3 or 4 crucial bits of info...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts