Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
It might. If it does good chance it will only run on one cylinder till you get up in the RPMs. Rebuild is needed to run correctly

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any point in trying to get it running? just go right for rebuild? i have another sled to ride.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
I would go straight to the rebuild personally. To me with compression that low on one cylinder I think you would have more of a headache trying to get it to run than if you rebuilt it. Also with you having another one to ride it's in no rush so you can take your time rebuilding it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a guy wants the motor in that condition? no carb clutch or nothing. just bottom and top end whats a fair price?

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Reactions: Hazeman

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
that engine will not work in the 97 zr440. it is completely different.
He was looking for a price he could get if he sold it, not a new motor thats why I posted that

·
5,963 Posts
OP you could rebuild it Pretty Cheap. Find a used GOOD cylinder and New pistons. The 440 are Rippers For sure. If a 97 Motor Ever come around for Cheap enough. I will pick it up for sure

·
5,963 Posts
How I explain to people about clutching a sled, its about Give and take. You cant have a Drag racing set up that is good on the trails. For people that will Clutch your sled. I know we have a member that does kits, But his name is slipping me right now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i ride ditch mosly and would like instant power, low end and stock springs takes a bit to long to deliver power.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts