Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i'm looking into getting a 440 sno pro, and had a few questions, i was just wondering what different types of sno pros were sold what years, i know that some i look at were sold for racing and some were sold for trails, just wondering how to tell the difference, what to look for, i'd like to pick one up for a trail sled, but would like to get one of hte racing ones, pretty much im looking for a small history on the 440 sno pros, haha
thanks

·
Registered
780 Posts
I happen to have recently purchased a 1999 ZR440 Sno-Pro. The goal is a fast, light, tight, agile sled. Problem; some of the Sno-Pro's have a "crippled" cooling system and need additional heat exchangers added for trail/extended use. Also, small gas tanks are the rule with the Sno-Pro. Think; all go, no show, no frills.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Official Sno-Pro race sleds were made from 1998 to present and probably far into the future. Before 1998 the consumer ZR 440's also served as their race sled. In 2005 Arctic Cat made a few 800cc mods in the 440 chassis. Newer Sno-Pro's will need to be "trail converted" to run on pump gas, a larger tank, and longer heat exchangers from a firecat. The only sleds that don't need this to be done to is the 2003 and later SnoPro's. Most race sleds with have just "SnoPro" or "Arctic Cat SnoPro" or something along the lines of that. The only trail 440's I can think of would be trail converted. Maybe you're thinking of the Firecat SnoPro's? The F5, F6, and F7 SnoPro's are the same as the regular Firecats besides a deeper 1.375" inch lug track and the same suspension package as an '05 or '06 SnoPro race sled would have.

If you get one I bet you'll love it. They're super light, fun, agile, and pretty quick. Plus if you find a huge big jump and you want to hit it you won't have to be worried about ruining your sled because 440 SnoPro's are meant to take a beating on a sno cross track. I sure wish I had one!

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
93-97 + 98 Consumer all labled ZR 440
98-02 race sleds were labled ZR 440 Sno Pro (in 01 there was also a Cross Country version of ZR 440 Sno Pro)
03 and up were labled 440 Sno Pro (no more ZR)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have one that is a factory snocross sled. I currently set it up for trail riding. All the updates have been done. Mechanically this sled could not be better. I will part with it for $2000. Let me know. Here is my email: [email protected]

·
Registered
550 Posts
They also made Z 440 SnoPro's that were fan cooled race sleds for a few years. Besides the Z's all the other race sleds are liquid cooled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts