Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have some problems with my new used AC ZR 440 -98 mod. The seller sold it as it was with no guarantees....
First, I need to warm up the carbs before starting, If not it would die out after 30 sec.
When driving it will bog sometimes, and its also blurping/uneven rpm at half to full gas, not reaching full rpm. It also has some backfiring when I land after small jumps.
The pilot screw is set 1,5, manual say 1.25 out then adjust +- 0.25 The main jet is standard. It was much better just an half hour before all this started, though also had some random backfiring and bogging but no blurping.
Climate her now is dry, -10 C/ 17 F.

What is wrong, what do I need to do? Any help or tips appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
what mains do u have in the carbs??mine was doing this yesterday and it just needed more fuel..also what do the plugs look like?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Believe the mains are original, 0-5000 feet. Checked the sparkplug, here are the picture.

The other spark plug looks the same, same pivoting. I also has added "water/damp remover" in the petrol as I bought at the petrol station, some say it isn't good for two stroke motors..
I've read about "common" problems like stator, cdi, sparkplug wires, water in fuel, **** in carb, freezed carb, fuel jump back from exhaust, but I cant buy all parts new.

Compression is good on both bores and the scooter has only 2300 miles, but it is several years since it has been on service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts