Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since my kids have been riding it, I noticed this thing has a constant stumble / misfire between 20 and 30 mph. Mine has over 100 miles and over 7 hours. It is 100% out of break in mode. I rode it to confirm it. If you ride it like a beginner, keep it between 20-30 MPH, it constantly stumbles. If you go slower or faster, she runs like a top. I am not sure if it is misfiring or it is the knock sensor. It does it even after a run it hard to clean the plug and power valve. Has me stumped. The clutch is also noisy on this thing. Good thing I bough the extended warranty.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, since my kids have been riding it, I noticed this thing has a constant stumble / misfire between 20 and 30 mph. Mine has over 100 miles and over 7 hours. It is 100% out of break in mode. I rode it to confirm it. If you ride it like a beginner, keep it between 20-30 MPH, it constantly stumbles. If you go slower or faster, she runs like a top. I am not sure if it is misfiring or it is the knock sensor. It does it even after a run it hard to clean the plug and power valve. Has me stumped. The clutch is also noisy on this thing. Good thing I bough the extended warranty.
Extended warranty is Great! Purchased it for my sled, read the fine print; most cover replacement parts and labour; but not the labour to disassemble and diagnose the problem(s). APV cable set to correct length? Carbon deposits in spark plug cap? Break in requires not letting off the fun flipper more than 20degrees,every time you let off fully ECU is not counting it as time breaking in.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Extended warranty is Great! Purchased it for my sled, read the fine print; most cover replacement parts and labour; but not the labour to disassemble and diagnose the problem(s). APV cable set to correct length? Carbon deposits in spark plug cap? Break in requires not letting off the fun flipper more than 20degrees,every time you let off fully ECU is not counting it as time breaking in.
There have been sled with bad injectors. Check with your dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting to hear someone else has this same problem. My sled has been at the dealer for two weeks and is supposed to be looked at today or tomorrow. The first thing I did was pull and replace the plug, just to confirm that wasn't the problem. In general I don't think the clutching is very good on this machine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting to hear someone else has this same problem. My sled has been at the dealer for two weeks and is supposed to be looked at today or tomorrow. The first thing I did was pull and replace the plug, just to confirm that wasn't the problem. In general I don't think the clutching is very good on this machine.
Let me know what they say. I am in the same boat as you and my dealer only sold 2 Blast. I am guessing they don't get much work for them at my dealer. I can hopefully get a starting point.

I know people say, well they are a cheap sled. Hold on. 8K for a kid / beginner sled isn't cheap. You can buy a ZR8000 for 3 K more. Kids go slower, as they should. These sleds should handle slower speeds 20-30 mph without overheating and or stumbling. If I go 30 plus, the sled clears right up. I don't want my 8 to 13 year old kids having to go fast just to run right or keep cool. They aren't Ricky Bobby. "I wanna go fast. First or last".

·
Registered
895 Posts
Let me know what they say. I am in the same boat as you and my dealer only sold 2 Blast. I am guessing they don't get much work for them at my dealer. I can hopefully get a starting point.

I know people say, well they are a cheap sled. Hold on. 8K for a kid / beginner sled isn't cheap. You can buy a ZR8000 for 3 K more. Kids go slower, as they should. These sleds should handle slower speeds 20-30 mph without overheating and or stumbling. If I go 30 plus, the sled clears right up. I don't want my 8 to 13 year old kids having to go fast just to run right or keep cool. They aren't Ricky Bobby. "I wanna go fast. First or last".
They are not a kids sled. Kids sleds do not go 70 mph. It is for smaller adults and older riders. Gets kind of old when one call this sled a child's sled. Maybe when they offer it in a 300 without the powervalve.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't mean to offend you. It is my Tween sled. My "Tween" is 5 foot 6 and 140lbs. I hate to break it to you, but that is the segment they were going after. Too big for a 200. Too small for a 600. Hmmmm. A 400 fits in the middle. I rode a 400 CC growing up. No safety equipment either. I agree, the sled will go 60ish. Kind of quick for my tween, but this is far, far, far, from an adult sled. I guess we have different opinions and that is ok.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Didn't mean to offend you. It is my Tween sled. My "Tween" is 5 foot 6 and 140lbs. I hate to break it to you, but that is the segment they were going after. Too big for a 200. Too small for a 600. Hmmmm. A 400 fits in the middle. I rode a 400 CC growing up. No safety equipment either. I agree, the sled will go 60ish. Kind of quick for my tween, but this is far, far, far, from an adult sled. I guess we have different opinions and that is ok.
Exactly, but cat never said kid sled anywhere when they released it. In a few years it might be my ride. Not into speed anymore and everyone I have chatted with loves the fun nature built into this little beauty. Did not mean to offend.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Exactly, but cat never said kid sled anywhere when they released it. In a few years it might be my ride. Not into speed anymore and everyone I have chatted with loves the fun nature built into this little beauty. Did not mean to offend.
Blast could be for all democratic of riders, going to purchase a Zr Blast; ride it for a year until the factory warranty expires. Chuck a stink load of speed parts and premium shock kit on it, I’ll have a flick able light weight sled for some aireal photo shoots! Not going to put a race can on it, just a trail friendly light weight muffler. Lighten and strengthen the whole package is what I’m after.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My sled is done and I will pick up in a couple of days. I don't know what was done for the bog but they did add the high performance upgrade to the clutch. If that is all it takes for the clutching, I will be amazed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My sled is done and I will pick up in a couple of days. I don't know what was done for the bog but they did add the high performance upgrade to the clutch. If that is all it takes for the clutching, I will be amazed.
Keep us informed

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my Blast plus it is throwing the 1324 code. Keep us posted if the clutch upgrade works.

·
Super Moderator
9,018 Posts
Is it the pennies fix that kale at arctic insider is talking about
It is an interesting idea. I love the simplicity.
I have done a similar trick on the 800 motors with expensive weights. I rarely rode at the rough rpms, but it was annoying when doing slow riding. It did help to clutch out of the range.
Might be worth trying the penny fix on the Blast clutch. It also looks like the Blast motor has a pretty broad power band. There is a fair amount of flexibility with clutching and using the power.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts