Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 ZL800. This sled was given to a friend after his brand new ZL800 burned his two car garage to the ground. After the fire he contacted the dealer he bought the sled from. They just laughed when he wanted them to replace the burnt sled. It was only a week old. The sled was uninsured. In the END Arctic Cat stepped up and replaced the sled along with his garage. They were very aware of the problem of the posative battery cable shorting out on the exhaust pipe and causing a fires.

So Sunday im working on this 02 ZL800 in my garage. I happen to take the exhaust off for another problem. I found the posative battery wire melted fast to the exhaust. Its hard to say if the pipe has ever been off since this was new. This sled has been stored in my house garage. If it would have caught fire the hole house would have burnt.

Its just kinda funny that just a few weeks ago the dealer who sold this sled and did the set-up was telling how bad things are. How they couldn't make any money and had to give up selling Arctic Cats!!!! ITS NO WONDER WITH THAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!

I used three tie wraps to move the wire over away from the exhaust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
To me this sounds like Arctic Cat gave tremendous customer service. For Cat to replace the sled and garage without being sued and losing is huge. The guys home insurance would pay for the garage, but home policies typically do not cover uninsured vehicles. The dealer may not be a very good dealer, but Cat went way, way, way out of the way to help that guy out. Three cheers for Arctic Cat.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you friends insuance had to cover it they, the insuance company of your friend would be sueing the dealer and Arctic Cat for cost and with lawyer fees the dealer and Cat would end up paying more so they made the right move from themselves.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts