Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bang your head

I have a 1998 ZL 500 and I am not able to turn the machine off. I can hit the kill switch and turn the key.....nothing, usually have to choke it off to get it to stop. Big pain when I want to start again cause it's a bit flooded.....any ideas out there as to what the problem may be ????

·
Registered
564 Posts
Wow this is really ironic... Me and ZRTManic were talking about this exact same thing not 2 hours ago. On our sleds its from the sled getting wet, it cant ground properly. Dry your sled out and see if it works.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, and come to think of it we had a couple of days of nice weather around -4 to -10 celcius, and it sat for 5 days and the weather turned to -25 to -30 celcius, could have gotten wet and froze up ??? I will park it in my garage and see if it helps. Thanks !

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Definitely check all your grounds first, but some members have said their CDI has caused it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ya I washed my sled down when it was like 50 degrees out, that night it went to about -5 and snow fell all over and the whole thing froze. I turned the heat on in my shop and let it thaw out. Let it idle for about 15 minutes and drove it. Alot of water was under the hood. I had that exact same problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, nothing seems to have worked. Quite sure the problems lies in the CDI box , but I am not about to spend $600 on a new one. I spliced a line from my coil to my ignition switch and ta-dah ! I can turn it off just like a pro !!!!! Thanks for the responses !!!!! Not worthy: Not worthy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.