Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace a few missing grease fittings on my 2002 ZR 800. What size are the Zerts? Where can I get them? I need a half dozen. Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am missing one on my skid as well. I tried to move one to the missing one to grease it but there are no threads in it, it looks like it should be pressed in....

·
Registered
28 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hero419 @ Dec 18 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am missing one on my skid as well. I tried to move one to the missing one to grease it but there are no threads in it, it looks like it should be pressed in....[/b]
The ones without threads are called 'Drive Grease Fittings'. They are for fast production line installation, so a manufacturer can avoid tapping costs. Some have no check valves. On my ZL500, none have check valves. So after using the grease gun, you will see it ooze back out of the fitting.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it possible to press new fittings into the empty spots? Does anyone know where to get this kind of fitting?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
If You have the old one... and depending on how thick a wall ( pipe / axle ) might be able to thread tap it... Many people get them "weld tacked" back in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts