Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Arctic Cat Z440 Sno Pro
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently picked up a 02 Z440 Sno Pro Fan. I'm in the process of doing an entire engine rebuild on it and I'm having a hard time finding pistons for it. All of the ones I find are either for the standard Z440 or for the ZR440 Sno Pro. I know the standard Z440 pistons are different from the Z440 Sno Pro and I don't believe the ZR pistons will work since they are a flat top and the Z's are domed. If anyone knows where I can get ahold of a set of Z440 Sno Pro pistons it would be a big help!
(also any advice on it in general would be apricated since this is my first rebuild on a sled)
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
you will have to get a set made for you

they are like hens teeth

but these guys have a set for sale

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you will have to get a set made for you

they are like hens teeth

but these guys have a set for sale

I’ll have to look into getting a set made. Those ones are for the ZR440 liquid cooled. They definitely are a pain to find. I haven’t called the dealer yet to see if I can get any from them, but I have a feeling if they do it’s going to be pretty expensive.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
There was a member looking for the same thing for his 03 Z440 SP 9 months ago. He was not having any luck either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ll have to look into getting a set made. Those ones are for the ZR440 liquid cooled. They definitely are a pain to find. I haven’t called the dealer yet to see if I can get any from them, but I have a feeling if they do it’s going to be pretty expensive.
Have you had any luck?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you had any luck?
Kind of, but not what I really wanted. I ended up finding a good used set of pistons and after a lot of looking I was able to find some NOS rings for them. I paid threw the nose for those rings though. You can do a top end on most 600's for less then I paid for those things. I'm guessing you're doing some work on a z440 Sno Pro. What all are you trying to find for it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts