Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my boys Z370's with either (2) Z440 Fans or (2)Z570 Fans, but which one? They're 12 and 13, been riding their 370's for 2 years now and are ready to move up. I can't decide which one would be better suited for them, I know there is a power difference but how much and does anyone have any experience with the 2 that can offer some feedback for both( reliability, fuel mileage. oil consumption, etc...) Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
The F5 or the F570 would be my choice. The 570 is around 60 HP.

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
I owned a 98 Z440 and it was a fantastic sled. As my boys grew older they would jump on my 700's ( Zr 700 and F-7s) leaving me to ride the 440. Nice machine and quick up to around 50 or so. It would go faster than that but it took its time. I would guess 70, maybe 75 for top speed. Owned for a few years and sold it for more than I paid for it. It was reliable, lightweight and the kids would pull a sled behind it all afternoon in the fields till it ran out of gas. I have no experience with the 570. Whatever sled you choose, they will more than likely hold there value as a "beginners sled" and will sell fast. Mine sold after the riding season and I still made money. What to watch out for is if these sleds were "rentals" at first. Then they were ridden like they were stolen and i would pass on any rental sled.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I ended up getting (2) 2002 Z570's. 1 had 1900 miles on it ($1460.00) the other I found a month later, also a 2002 but with the "SS" package( electronic rear suspension) 2001 miles for $1500. both are real clean sleds and compared to Z370 they are a lot more powerful! They both were low mileage sleds but you can tell they were hardly ever ridden,haven't seen the trails in about 3 years and in need of some maintenance /TLC. I've read nothing but bad reviews on the SS suspension so we will have to see how this goes. My Arctic Cat mechanic also mentioned these motors are notorious for the rings on the pistons ( after about 4-5000 miles) moving in just the right spot to hang up and cause damage. we will see how this goes as well. I'm excited to finally get my boys out on the "official" trails with me this year!! I'll post some pics later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts