Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned the carbs on my z440 and after starting it up, noticed gas leaking from the carb inlet nipple. When I want to pull on the fuel line, to see if it was loose, the whole inlet slid out.

Are this inlets press fit in, or held in with some type of sealer?

Is it something that can be fixed/repaired, or do I need a new carb body?

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I’m thinking Permatex MotoSeal would work to hold it in and seal it. It’s resistant to gas and other solvents. Just a very thin film around fitting then push it in after cleaning and drying carb opening.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Stick something in it like a punch to flare it out a little. Put some loctite on it and pound it back in.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cleaned the carbs on my z440 and after starting it up, noticed gas leaking from the carb inlet nipple. When I want to pull on the fuel line, to see if it was loose, the whole inlet slid out.

Are this inlets press fit in, or held in with some type of sealer?

I use a two part devcon epoxy. You can get it at hardware stores. Put it on the nipple only and press in. Get rid of that worm gear clamp. A spring clamp should work fine, but if not, try going to an auto supply store and ask for a "fuel injection" hose clamp your size. Those worm gear clamps just tear up the fuel line.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Seal-All will also work to glue it in, and I do like the suggestion for a little mechanical bond by flaring the lose end. You shouldn't need any clamp on that hose. Snip off the trashed end of the hose and just push it on the nipple. New fuel line is not a lot of money, so maybe it is time to replace old, dry, stiff lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts